Music is for Life

I can remember sitting in my bedroom listening to the radio for hours on end. One hand on the record button and the other on the pause button….I had to get it juuuusst right or this once in a lifetime (more like once an hour) opportunity to dub my favorite song would be wasted. Luckily for us all, times have changed and we no longer are forced to sit patiently and rewound our tapes back with pencils because the tape deck ate it to shreds.
To some, the way I feel about music may seem a bit sacrilegious, but what the hell….we all have our own ways of finding peace and understanding through life’s trials. Some choose religion/prayer, some work, and some even choose drugs. Myself, I’ve always found my way through it all with music. Through every moment of my 31 (soon to be 32) years of life on this earth, I’ve always been able to relate that time of my life to a song. When my cousin got locked up in 86’, Rene and Angela’s You don’t have to cry was blowing up EVERY radio station across the south! When I thought I got my heart broken in college, Marc Dorsey’s I Crave damn near drove my roomate to the brink of insanity.
I hope to recreate that feeling of nostalgia for years to come with this blog. Anyways, enough with the rambling….stay tuned for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment