What the summer's been missing

Roughly three years ago, was the day I literally fell in love with what is today my most favorite group in the whole wide world. As an avid follower of the former rap group little brother and subscriber to one of the most hilarious podcasts of all time (gordongartrellradio.com), I was informed that Phonte (Little Brother) had been working on his second album with the group The Foreign Exchange. Obviously I didn’t know there was a first album so I immediately put my pirate skills to use and located the album. Instantly I was hooked, but nothing (not even this album) could prepare me for their follow up album, Leave it All Behind. Now if u haven’t yet heard the genius that is Leave it All Behind by The Foreign Exchange, I would say kill yourself, but then that would leave us with two problems. One, you’re dead of course, and two, you still haven’t had the chance to hear Leave it All Behind. So do yourself and go cop the album, IT’S WORTH IT!
(Getting back on track) My reason for telling you about the Foreign Exchange is because they have a lineup of artists that (to steal a line from Puff) Can’t Stop, Won’t STop!!!! You’ve got the talented producer Nicolay’s Shibuya City Lights Vol. 2, The Foreign Exchange’s Leave it All Behind and most recently Authenticity. Darien Brockington, Yahzarah, Muhsinah, and last but not least Lorenzo Ferguson aka Zo! Today was the release of Zo’s Justvisitingthree album and it is just as awesome as his prior releases with appearances from Eric Roberson, Phonte, and Anthony David. Phonte even takes us back to the 80’s with his rendition of George Michael and Wham’s Everything She Wants. It makes me wish he’d do a sequel to Zo and Tigallo Love the 80’s (Phonte and Zo remake all of your favorite 80’s songs). Nonetheless, please go and cop Zo’s Justvisitingthree available for download at www.theforeignexchangemusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment