This one is dedicated......to my favorite girl

Anyone who knows me already has some idea of my extreme infatuation with this woman. Not only does she edify my ideas of what a beautiful black woman is, but she has this indescribable beauty that grabs me and refuses to release its grip! The crazy thing is I’d always known who she was because “Heaven Knows” had always been one of my all time favorite 90’s songs! But once I got older she released her version of Luther’s “Forever For Always for Love” and I knew instantly there was something about her voice that would make me love her album. After I bought Outrun the sky it was a wrap. I had to find every album she’d ever done cause I couldn’t get enough of her voice. Within two weeks I had purchased or either ordered every one of her albums (money well spent). I often envision Ms. Hathaway singing at my wedding but she has so many awesome tracks I wouldn’t know what to tell her to sing. Hell, she could sing her freaking ABC’s and I’d probably be moved.
The highlight of my infatuation with Ms. Hathaway came three years ago when she came to Memphis to perform and I had the opportunity to shake her hand and take a picture with her. She took one look at me and said, “You’re hair is gorgeous!” Me being the charismatic cat I am, I told her “Not as gorgeous as you!” Unfortunately, my bonehead friend who took our pic only get half of the back of my head in the picture (how do you do that). Anyways, Ms. Hathaway, this post if for you….keep doing what you do and I’m eagerly anticipating your album due to be released in September.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment